Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summer Plans And Dancing Marks.

I got some good news about our practicing place last Wednesday: we will be able to practice there twise a week! So, my summer will not be miserable but full of dance, yay!

I happened to find out some free outdoor ballroom dance lessons called Kaupunkitanssit that are held in Malmi and some other locations around Helsinki (program and places in www.mielihyva.com/kaupunkitanssit.html). Next Wednesday they are going to teach Finnish Tango that is a must go for Nic and I. They are teaching a new dance every time starting from the very basics so I think it might be a nice way to learn some Finnish dances that we cannot dance at all. The lessons are held in parks but in case it rains they will be moved indoors.

In Tampere there is a international Salsa festival in the end of July and I would just love to go there. Unfortunately I have one meeting that weekend but I think we might be able to attend at least some part of it since the program sounds really fun (www.salsapasion.net/festival). Other Salsa dances we are going to check out is the Opera Salsa events every summer Sunday. Actually, we were planning to go there today but we are simply too tired after last night's crazy party!

Last practice I found out my feet were all bruised after dancing so much with my new shoes, so I had to stop wearing high heels for a couple of days. Well, my feet should be fine by now and I am already looking forward tomorrow's practice because Nic said he was planning to teach me some new things he knows I would like. I wonder what that will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment