Friday, May 13, 2011

Homework.

Nic gave me some ”homework” last Monday to be able learn some hand movements for Rumba. Since I learn quite well by observing others I was supposed to watch some videos about competition dance on YouTube. I guess the videos gave me some kind of idea what is the right way using your hands but I got some weird looks on my lecture while I was watching them.

I don't know what I should write about Wednesday's practice. After the practice I felt like everything went really well, I even started to enjoy dancing Tango! Somehow I was able to relax more than usual. I don't know why I sometimes feel nervous about doing something in front of Nic. Maybe it is because he is expecting a lot from me. I mean, it is not a bad thing but shows how much potential he sees in me! I just often feel so vulnerable and defenseless when dancing. Then again, I enjoy the feeling of not being able to be anything else expect truly myself.

After some Rumba, Tango, Slow Waltz and Foxtrot we ended the practice with dancing Salsa. It felt like forever since last time. Actually, when I asked Nic to teach me some dancing for the first time, I was mainly thinking of learning Salsa, but Nic just happened to decide keeping Salsa a dance to have fun with. We really must start going Salsa clubbing more often during the summer because I want to learn also more Salsa even though I am the most advanced with Salsa if I compare it to the other dances. But it is definitely a dance to have fun with!

After the practice Nic was asking me if I had some feedback for him about his teaching. I do not know why it was so hard to do so. Still, I always insist on having feedback on my dancing. Well, I must say that he has become so much better with the teaching. He says that I learn scarily fast, but I could not learn that fast if I did not have a teacher who knows me well as a person also. All I was able to answer to Nic was: I feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment