Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dancing Without Shoes?

Even though we came home quite late on Sunday, we didn't even think of skipping our Monday's practice. When we got to our ballroom, we faced some problems though: there was a Pilates group starting their session in the same place! It turned out that the person who is in charge of the place double booked it for both of us. He called me later that evening and asked if we were still using the place. I simply replied that we have made a contract untill the end of this month and we are not planning to quit. He didn't sound happy. What I am worried now is that if we are able to get practicing time for the summer at all. The person said that he would like to cool down the usage of the place for the summer because he doesn't want to stress too much about it during his holidays. Since when one person can decide on these things? If he cannot handle the job why did he even volunteer for it? And why the Pilates group can have their practice and we cannot? Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against Pilates but I am just so displeased about this situation! Where can we practice if we loose our practicing place? I cannot even imagine summer without dancing, it would drive me crazy.

After all, the Pilates group gave up and we were able to have our practice. This was the first practice we had our shoes on and, geez, it was like going back to the starting point! I wasn't even able to do basic Rumba walk without Nic holding me up. It was quite hilarious I must admit, like a baby learning how to walk. It was even harder with Standard dances because my shoes are for Latin. Also, my feet got tired quite fast, especially ball of the feet. Well that was expected after dancing two days running with new shoes on during the weekend. I am quite proud of myself not to get upset about doing really bad. The old me would have been discouraged but this time I was just laughing at myself looking so funny. And in the end I was already making some progress with my balance just in couple of hours.

So, I am not worrying too much about the slight come-down, because I just need some time to get used to dancing with my shoes on. I learned it before so I can learn it again, right? Let's just hope we can sort out our practice place problem so I can keep on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment