Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just dance dance dance.

Even though I felt I was getting a little ill yesterday, I wanted to spend all my afternoon dancing. First I went to two of my gym's Latin dancing classes, and after an hour to our Wednesday's practice. When I finally got home I was so tired I just fell to my bed.

Our advisor in the Latin classes is such a funny lady. I think she comes from a Spanish speaking country since she mixes some Spanish words to her Finnish. The way she explains things (like, "don't hide your body with your hands or you will ruin the whole product") makes everyone laugh which makes the atmosphere relaxed and encouraging . Yesterday we danced Cha-cha and Salsa in her class. The choreographies are quite challenging I must say, especially if you go there for the first times. If I compare Salsa to Cha-cha I can definitely see I have been dancing Salsa more since it is so much more easy to adapt new figures to Salsa than Cha-cha.

When I finally got to the practice I was already quite tired so my concentration was not the best. We continued to practice the proper stance to Slow Waltz. I don't know if Nic tried to make things even harder for me but he put a piece of paper in between our hips and I was supposed to keep it there. After a while I decided just threw the paper away. I think I get the stance right at times but I just need more practice to keep it there.

Today I haven't got any better from yesterday and I am worried I might not heal until tomorrow. I found one cool-sounding Salsa party where I would love to go with Nic but Salsa party means dancing all night and you need to be fit for that. Well, thumps up a good night sleep will make me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment