Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Save the Last Dance for Me.

On Friday I am going to Germany to this big dancing event with Nic and I am getting more and more exited about it! I don't really know what to expect because Nic has not shared too much about it with me. All I know there is going to be a ballroom dancing evening on Friday and a huge Salsa party on Saturday. During the days there are going to be competitions and lots of others things happening I suppose. My personal goal is to learn lots of things by observing the professional dancers, and, of course, to have heaps and heaps of fun!

I was browsing the Internet the other day with hopes of finding some cool dancing events for summer, and I found couple of salsa parties where I have to drag Nic to. Unfortunately I am occupied the next three weekends so I will not be able to attend some cool-sounding parties, like Coronita's Sauna Caliente Salsa Lounge on Friday 10.6. or Club Latin Beat on Friday 27.5. If you are in town those weekends I definitely recommend checking the parties out! However, I found out about Helsinki's salsa association, Salsa Borealis, that organizes Salsa parties in Helsinki during the summer. I am absolutely going to see what their Opera Salsa parties (held every Sunday behind Finnish National Opera at 6-9 pm) are like. I also already talked Nic into going to Salsa Borealis Summerfiesta 24h Salsaparty on 9.-10.7. Oh, I just cannot wait for summer to start!

Something about today's practice then. Firstly I must say one hour is not enough! Time goes so fast I feel like we just started when the time is already up. I think we will try to get longer practice times for the summer months if that is possible. I still don't know if we can continue practicing in the same place but I am hoping for the best. Anyway, today we just danced most of the time without paying too much attention to details. I guess there was too many thoughts going around in my head in the beginning because somehow I wasn't able to concentrate and did so many weird mistakes I have never made before. My right leg started to ache again after couple of dances and Nic had to massage it every now and then. I already thought I was over with that problem but I still must be doing something wrong. I am hoping the ache will vanish when I start using dancing shoes. It is so irritating to suspend the practice because of my leg is hurting! Other than that the practice was fun and we had a great time.


Tomorrow is my last free day before I start working full-time for the summer so I might just sleep late, take it easy, visit the dance shop and stress about packing and what to take with me to Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment