Monday, April 11, 2011

Salsa @ local's

If I’m going out I usually try to look if there are salsa parties going on somewhere that night. The best internet page I have found this far is www.salsa.fi where people can inform others about salsa-related events. It is not perfect website but at least easy to use and it has calendar for different cities around Finland.
I went out for a drink on Saturday with one of my good girl friend and, as usual, checked out the website. I have been thinking to check out one place that has had quite much advertisement there so I suggested my friend to head there. The place, Club Havana, turned out to be local pub with Latin music and decoration which I thought was quite cool. If you compare it to normal corner pub in Finland the atmosphere was a lot more cheery I must say. It is not a place I would choose to go salsa clubbing though, or then I just happened to be there on the wrong night.
The visit was not a waste of time however. I found out that my friend is also quite into Latin music and she is also interested about learning salsa. It is so hard to find someone to go salsa clubbing with me since it seems my friends are not really into that kind of things. It is not that I do not enjoy going salsa clubs with Nic but if he is there I wouldn’t dance with anyone else. First, I like dancing with him, second, I feel comfortable dancing with him, and third, I would feel too self-conscious having Nic watching me dance with someone. Besides, going salsa clubbing with Nic is also about having fun together. Nonetheless it is important to dance with different kind of people to be able to learn more. For me it will be a step out of my comfort zone but I have to give it a try. Now I even don’t have the excuse of I-don’t-wanna-go-alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment