Monday, April 11, 2011

One step forward, two steps back.

Phew, today's dance practice was quite a rollercoaster! My mood went up and down from super exited and cheerful to discouraged and hopeless. I wish I wasn't that hard on myself but I just hate when I cannot do things even though I try to do my best. What I hate more is that I cannot control me feeling down when I am not doing well. It might be okay if I could hide it but no, Nic can read me like an open book!

Well, at least my slow waltz is starting to get better. I have a feeling that I might be more like a standard dancer than a latin one (sorry Nic I know latin is your thing!). Then again, I really like salsa, so I might change my mind when I start to get my hip movement right. Good thing that we are practicing this quite lot even
though today I felt like I was going nowhere. I am doing it somehow wrong and it keeps hurting my back and legs. It did not help that my sides were still sore from Friday's salsa clubbing and my abbs were hurting from yesterday's workout in gym. As an result of this I am now banned to go to gym on Sundays!

Today I learned basic steps to a new dance: cha-cha. My first impression was that it is really energetic and fun dance. I think it is nice to learn a dance with faster beat for a change. Starting a new dance is also nice because any dance is easy in the beginning. The more you learn the harder it gets!

Although today I felt like I was sliding two steps back for each step that I took I cannot wait for Wednesday practice!
This is how serious our practice can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment