Monday, April 4, 2011

The Ballroom.

Before today's practise we used to have our dancing practise anywhere we coud, mostly in my tiny livingroom or my apartment house's common room.The common room was okay but the problem was that there is no mirrows so I had no idea how I look when dancing. Also, the place was still too small to practise some moves. So, couple of weeks ago I decided to find a practise place for us. I happened to find the perfect place, our ballroom. It is nothing fancy, just a small gym hall, but the location could not be better and the prize is low.

I came to realize that a real preactise place ment more serious practise. With serious I mean concentrating on smaller details and paying attention to basic movement and posture. The first half an hour was flown working with my hip movement for rumba. Right, forward, back, left, forward, back, right... I am not surprised if my abbs will be sore tomorrow! I think I got the idea of it but I need lots and lots of practise, and even more practise untill I will be able to transfer it to actual dancing.

When it comes to slow waltz, the basic movement and posture is absolutely different. I think I forgot to breathe once in a while when I was trying to keep my middle body straight! I must have looked like dead serious when consentrating since Nic said: "it is allowed to smile here, you know!". Nic pointed out the way you step with your heel first in standard dances after which it felt so much more easy to move. Slow waltz is a dance I feel the most confident at the moment which must be on of the reasons why I like it so much.

The last dance for today was tango. This was the third time I danced tango and I am still so out of this! I guess I got even abit furstrated with the dance. I am the kind of person who wants to give her best and be good in what she does. When I don't know what I am doing, I easily loose my confidence. I don't like that feeling. Dancing makes so good for me: I think I will learn to accept that I cannot know everything from the beginning and I don't have to be perfect. After all, dancing should be fun, not something to stress yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment