Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Photographer.

Today I asked my my good friend to join our practice. She loves taking pictures plus she has been dancing a long time herself so I thought she would be the perfect person to photograph us. Well, I must admit it was a bit disturbing when someone was making pictures around us so I made bunch of stupid mistakes like starting with my wrong leg and not following Nic's lead. I wonder how it would be IF we are going to a competition!

Nic thought me some Vienna waltz since I'm going to my student union ball this month. Around and around and around. The most difficult thing for me at the moment is not to get dizzy and make the dance look like effortless even though the beat is quite fast. It is so different compared to slow watlz I must say.

The practice ended with learning a new step to slow waltz. First it seemed I did not get it at all but it helped to close my eyes and just to concentrate on the music. Sometimes I just think too much about the steps, the pose and everything to the point that I cannot follow the lead and just go with it. Closing my eyes helps to forget my surroundings and all the failures I do. Its just me and the music and the good feeling.


I must thank my friend for the nice pictures and also the good tips she gave me. I think we might have infected her with our dancing fever. Maybe next time she will teach us some Finnish ballroom dancing.

The night ended with having some good food, wine and shisha together. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment