Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to basics.

So we did have practice today after all which I am really happy about. We have had some problems during couple of last practices. Somehow we forgot the most important thing: to have fun and just enjoy learning. Well, we talked about it and today's practice was so much more fun.

Nic taught me a new dance today: jive! It is quite fast but super fun dance that was developed in the 40s. It makes you imagine yourself having a blast wearing a shirt with a big hemline. The basic step is quite easy, girl starting with her right leg back followed with a chasse to right and another chasse to left back where you started. Here is a short video to give you some kind of idea of the dance:


We also danced more cha-cha and I found out that I am able to take advantage of some rumba steps in it. In rumba I learned a step called the Fan. First I was confused about the rhythym but when I got that the step was not that hard. All in all, the practice was really nice and I felt like I was able to learn a lot new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment