Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back Being Me.

It is hard to process all the feelings I had during last weekend's Prague Zouk Festival. My body is exhausted from the extreme dancing and my mind is wondering if all that really happened. It feels kind of surreal to be back home and really hard to go back to my normal life. I don't know if that was a way of making myself feel better but I already booked my next Zouk festival today!

When I was on a plane to Prague I made a promise to myself. I promised that I would get back my dancing confidence. And you know what, thats what I did. The first two days I actually felt like quitting Zouk. I thought that I'm just not good enough of a dancer, that I can't follow well enough and that it can't be fun to dance with me. Then after the Friday night's party someone said to me: "the only problem you're having with Zouk is your lack of confidence." I took those words with me and decided to go back being myself in the dance floor. I realized that somehow I had lost myself and was trying to be something else I couldn't be. I broke myself loose and wow, the amount of enjoyment and happiness I was able to get from dancing again was indescribable! I have never had that much fun dancing as I did during the weekend, so thank you so much for those who gave me many special dancing memories and helped me go back being me.

I'll let you know more about the weekend after I've recovered from the lack of sleep and got my undone school work done, but I can already say that the festival was maybe the best dancing experience I've had. I learned so much, met so many awesome people and had heaps of fun. Also, I cannot help mentioning two teachers that made the workshops really worth of every euro spent. Alisson and Audrey are yet another reason to move to Australia some day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment