Monday, April 30, 2012

Who Run The World? The Girls!

I haven't had muscle ache from dancing for a long time but now I can definitely feel last week's dancing in my legs. Saturday's Zouk workshop for ladies was great and I think it really helped me to improve my basics. Now I just need to practice and practice to make the movements natural. Here is a glimpse from what we did:


On Saturday evening I ended up going to Fresca's Salsa party to Senaatin Hiili. I wonder why Fresca and BailaBaila always organize two big overlapping Salsa parties at the same nights when they could make parties in different nights and both have even bigger parties. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, the party was pretty good (I even enjoyed dancing Salsa!) until like 2 am when people started to leave. The night ended randomly going to a "normal" night club with one of my dancer friend, dancing crazy in the middle of drunken party people (right, maybe we weren't that sober either...). How awesome! I hope dance parties would have that kind of party atmosphere until the bar closes.

My dance week ended to Sunday's Zouk practica where I was happy to see many new faces. Our Zouk scene is getting bigger, yay! But even though I did heaps of social dancing last week, I didn't get into a dance flow at any night. I had many great individual dances but not that kind of continuous feeling of ultimate happiness that I've experienced before. What a shame! Other than that, my dance week was pretty much perfect.

Today I'm going to take a day off from dancing and spend "traditional" Vappu with my non-dancer friends. Tomorrow, then again, I was planning on having a dance Vappu and go to three different dance events. So, have a great Vappu, and come dance with me tomorrow either to Ullanlinnan Vappusalsat, Ylioppilaskunnan Vapputanssiaiset or Havanna's Zouk Flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment