Friday, September 30, 2011

Dance Marathon.

Thursday was an amazing day: I had Tango + Cha-cha + Zouk practice! I don't know if you can get high from dancing but at least I felt like flying in the air after dancing five and half hours in a row. Today my feet were sore but it was so worth it.

What comes to Tango, I feel like I'm finally learning how to follow. This time I was able to keep the body contact better. I was even able to follow the instructor that was really hard for me last week. We practiced dancing without hands again, which is really hard, and even though it's not my favorite thing to do it is really good practice. It s funny that I said I'd try to keep my mouth shout this time, because we also had to give some peer feedback after dancing with different partners. So I finally got some advice about my dancing and it seems like I'm doing pretty good job. Many said that I'm following really well and that it's easy to dance with me. I should try to keep my contact better with my legs and try to avoid leaning my upper body too far away though. So the competition dance stance is not working in Finnish Tango. "Have you been doing competition dance before?" seems to be a comment I get quite often especially if I dance with someone more experienced dancer. What can I say, Nic taught me well!

In the advanced class this week was the last time we had Cha-cha and I already know I'm going to miss these classes. Cha-cha is definitely my favorite ballroom dance at least for now! This time I learned quite important thing about my  dance position: I seem to lean back too much with my upper body which leads to some balance problems in spins. Good thing that I'm a fast learner because I almost got rid of this bad habit already. Couple of more classes and I'd be able to do balanced spins. After the class the Cha-cha instructor (who is, by the way, really funny guy!) asked me dance with him. I felt kind of flattered, and it was so much fun to dance with someone who does crazy and unexpected figures. Great dancing!

As a finale, my new dancing friend gave me a Zouk lesson and I think I'm getting so addicted to this dance. I could have danced all night long with him but at 10:30pm I had to call it a day to be able to wake up early next morning for a court sitting. It is so peasant and easy to dance with him, and I felt like I was absorbing the dance technique pretty well. It is so amazing that someone is willing to teach me even without me asking for it. I might post some pictures of us later if I get the pics one girl who was photographing us during the session. The Finnish Zouk dancers are going to have a big Zouk party in 8th of October and there are going to be some free beginners classes. Definitely a must-go for me!

Tomorrow we're going to have second Spex dance practice with our dancing group. I'm also hoping to find someone to go to one Salsa party with me later the evening. I might be repeating myself but I love love love dancing (still can't stop smiling when I think about yesterday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment