Sunday, October 2, 2011

Spex Secrets.

Saturday was an exiting day: they revealed the script for Spex! All spexers gathered to "read-through-party" where we also finally found out what songs are going to be in the show. I cannot reveal anything but I can say this: it is going to awesome! All of the dancers got super exited about the songs and I think we are all looking forward being able to start working with the choreography. There were couple of songs to which I would really like to dance to, but the division is up to our team leaders. I think next week I will know which songs I'm going to be in. So exiting!

After reading through the script we headed to Swing karaoke bar for an after party. Everybody were having a great time singing karaoke, having couple of drinks and going crazy in the dance floor. Accidentally, some of the HOT-dancers were having a social dancing party in the same place, which ended up me being in the dance floor most of the night, either with them or with spexers. I even tried to get some of the dancer girls to try pair dancing, but my efforts were not that successful.

How cool is just to go to a bar and conquer the dance floor with a bunch of dancers? And who said ballroom dancing would be boring?! One of my favorite moments was dancing something Tango-like into heavy metal music. This proves that there are no rules in social dancing. I love it!

Oh, we also had a dance practice before the party earlier that day. I had some serious difficulties finding the practice place and the others had already started when I finally got there. We did some technique training and a fun oriental-like choreography to the end. I am really hoping they will not put me into a choreography where I have to do lots of spins because I just cannot make them right. This is the problem of a short dancing history: a lack of technique in countless things. Good thing that our dance group is so supportive and everybody is really helpful. I am sure this dancing experience is going to give me so much. At least a dozen of new friends and sore muscles.

Here is a video of me dancing to the heavy metal in Swengi. It is a bit dark but you might get the idea from it. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment