Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Note To Self: Shut Up And Dance.

Yeah, me and my big mouth that seems to be impossible to keep shut. Like in today's ballroom dance class. I think my goal for tomorrow is just to shut up and dance.

Last week's Tango class.
Why do I even have this obsession to analyze everything in dancing? Oh, now I did this wrong and, geez, I should have done that different. Why can't I just forget everything like that and go with the music? I guess it would be somehow okay if I wouldn't extend my analysis to others. "If you did that different, it would be easier for me." Hello miss princess, the world doesn't spin around you! In the end of the dance course there won't be anyone left who is brave enough to dance with you!

This doesn't mean I wouldn't have enjoyed today's dance class, quite the opposite. I cannot believe how fast the time goes. Two hours doesn't seem to be enough for me, and once again I lingered in the edge of the ballroom after the class, hoping that someone would feel like dancing a little bit more. I'm sure my greediness will backfire on me somehow, like with turning the pressure I can already feel in my lower back into a nasty pain. If I only had someone to massage my back good again...

So today we went through the things we did in Bugg last week, and I noticed I already forgot so many things it was even hard to get started! Well, after a while I was able to catch up and I think I'm already doing a lots better with my following. I did not do my homework and practice the bounce, so it wasn't a success this time either. Next time then!

Other dance we did today was Foxtrot. We were told to concentrate on a pushing step, to a upper body movement and taking longer steps. I don't know why it is sometimes quite hard to follow Foxtrot even though the steps are so simple. But I must say, if the guy is doing the body rotation right, the following becomes so much easier. Next week we'll have more Foxtrot and I'm hoping to learn some figures because, to be honest, the dance is a bit boring if you just go with the basic step. Maybe tomorrow I'll even get a short Zouk lesson after the classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment