Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From Ballroom to Ballet.

When Nic told me that he doesn't want to dance with me anymore I was devastated. With just couple of words he was able to crush my dreams and break my heart. He made me addicted to dancing and it felt so unfair that he took my addiction away from me. I was looking forward coming back home from my trip only because of dancing, and now that I am back my life feels so empty and meaningless. This was what I had been afraid of since we started dancing. I guess somehow I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I just wished it would have been later.

Before my trip we were already planning on taking the F test in the beginning of next year, joining a dancing club and aiming for competitions. It was only a dream after all, just as I feared.

Well, it doesn't really help to stay home crying so last Sunday I took a leap to unknown and went to a ballet dance practice. Actually I didn't know it was going to be ballet. See, I am going to apply to be a dancer in law students' yearly musical and we had pre-audition practices on Sunday and Tuesday. I am really hoping to get in even though its going to be hard because all the other girls have so much more dancing experience than I have. On Sunday I felt so lost in the practice since I have never ever done ballet (okay, I did kids' ballet when I was like three but it doesn't really count) but in the end I was able to enjoy the music and dancing. Tuesday went already better but I'm sure I'm going to be super nervous in the audition next Monday. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get in. That would mean no dancing and I know now that I won't be able to survive without that. Yes, I could go into dancing school and try to find a new dancing partner, but at the moment I'll concentrate on the audition and later think what else to do. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment