Monday, September 12, 2011

The Audition.

Today was the audition for the law students' musical, Spex. I didn't get nervous before the room started to fill up with dancer looking girls; in the end there were at least 20 of them. I don't know how many dancers get in but it is obvious that it is not all of us, and I was definitely the one who had the least dancing experience. All I could do in the situation was to try to ignore the crowd and concentrate to myself.

We started with filling out some forms asking some background information about dancing. After a short name round and a warm up we started the actual audition which was, not surprisingly, quite ballet orientated. Good thing that I went to the pre-audition practices so this wasn't my first touch to this dance genre. Still, the technique was really hard for me and what made things even more difficult was the lack of any mirrors. Well, I just hope they don't look that much on the technique.

I must say it was quite horrible to dance new ballet choreography when you are supposed to stand out from twenty talented girls, and when three I-have-danced-ballet-my-whole-life-girls are judging your every move and tumble. I placed myself to the first row so I couldn't see the other dances and tried to reach the feeling of the music. In the end, I think, I did pretty well considering I started dancing only recently, even though I did many mistakes and was far away from being perfect. At least I didn't hold back and was open for new things.


So I will hear the results in couple of days. I already know that if I don't get in, I'll be really disapponted.

No comments:

Post a Comment