Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Dances Fast.

The summer has gone so fast. Next week I will leave to my Eastern European trip for one month which means a long break to dancing, the longest since I started dancing. It has been an awesome summer though and I feel like I have developed my dancing skills notably. Only two practices, one Opera Salsa and one Salsa party to go. Well okay, I am super exited about my trip and I know the time will fly during the next month. And who knows, maybe I will find myself in some Salsa club along my journey.

Then again it is a good thing that I have to keep a break from dancing for a while. Last night I went to bar Cuba for Tropicoco Salsa party and my once gone hip pain reappeared. To tell the truth, we have been dancing quite a lot lately so no wonder my body is responding to it somehow. Also my feet got really tired already after one and half hours, compared to the fact that I have no problems dancing two hours a row in our Monday practices! I think after the break my body will be ready for new challenges, techniques and dancing moves.

Yesterday was the first time we went to the Tropicoco party, maybe because we both have to work on Friday mornings. I have been in Cuba one before though, for Wednesday's after work party, and I liked the place. Last night started shortly after nine with two dancing lessons that I think are nice way to get people coming in early. First 30 minutes we danced a short choreogrphy of LA style Salsa followed with 30 minutes of Cuban Rumba. If someone says the word Rumba to me I connect it to ballroom Rumba so Cuban Rumba was quite a shock for me. I would call it Salsa rather than Rumba. Anyway I am open to new things and it is always fun to learn something different. I have no idea if I was doing anything right but at least I had fun and Nic said I did really well. Copycatting seems to work well for me!

After the dance lessons we hit the dance floor with Nic as soon as there was someone else dancing there too (I hate going to the dance floor first if there is no one there; I like attention but not that much attention!). We had so much fun dancing Salsa it was hard to stop! When we finally took a break during Batchata and Kizomba music we found ourselves so tired we couldn't reach the same fire we had before. When my hip started to hurt we decided it was time to head home. I don't remember when was the last time my feet were hurting that much as when we walked to the railwaystation last night.

Oh right, there was a raffle among the people who attended the dancing lessons and I happened to win tickets to Tampere Salsa festival's Saturday party. The problem is that I have a meeting this weekend I cannot skip so I cannot go there even though I really wanted to. This is so my luck to win this kind of prize, like I didn't already feel bad enough not being able to attend the festival! Fate is sometimes cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment