Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lift Me Up.

On Monday we practiced Samba after a long break. The reason we have been taking a break from the dance is my (and Nic's) back problems which are now getting better. It is not wise to dance Samba if your back is hurting even a little because the hip movement is so intense. I found out it is still hard to do the Bounce Action but I guess I am getting the hang out of it. I am also starting to get irritated if I cannot control my upper body and that is exactly what happens in Samba. It would be nice to know Samba better because it is such a fun and energetic dance. Well, all it needs is practice, practice and practice.

Nic has been getting excited about different kind of lifts lately so we tried out one easy but good looking lift we could do in Salsa or other Latin dances. I think Nic might have got the idea of the lift from Tango because I came across a picture of a Tango couple doing the same kind of movement in today's newspaper. In the lift I kind of jump into Nic's arms and cross my legs nicely. I tried to find an electronic picture of the lift but this is the closest I found:


The difference is that my right leg sits on my left leg. I am still thinking of the best ways to get back down from the position and I also have to practice the entrance so that I won't hurt Nic with my heels. If we try this out at today's practice we could use it already on Sunday's Opera Salsa! This Opera Salsa will be by the way my last one for this summer so I am hoping we can go to town on it.

Lastly, here are couple of pictures of some beautiful lifts. How inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment