Thursday, March 1, 2012

Is It Normal To Smile This Wide?

Hello my dear readers! I update this week's feelings only quickly, because I know that dancing will take all of my free time for the rest of the week. And what a dance week it has been! I have left all my practices with a huge smile on my face. It is like an unstoppable dance drive would have taken over me! What is more, the week will keep on going even better since I will attend Kizomba festival from Friday to Sunday.

On Tuesday I went to Pohjalaisten tanssikerho to check out their ballroom classes. They have the same teacher as HOT-Dancing have in their advanced classes, and the minute I walked in he came to me and announced that my level might be too high for these classes. It was great to hear that I am a higher level dancer, even though I am not sure what he really meant by that. At least he was right saying that the level of leaders was lower than in HOT-Dancing, and I could say that there were quite many beginners even in the advanced class. I am not sure if I keep on going there, but I was pleased to learn quite a new dance for me: Jive. Nic did teach me some competition Jive but I never really got into the dance. It shows now that dancing other ballroom dances helps to learn new ones, so it was quite easy to catch the basics. It is always a great feeling to notice own improvement in just 1,5 hours! After the classes I felt like going home but got myself going to Havanna's Bachata night and that was a decision not to regret. Somehow I just got the dancing mood really fast and enjoyed the social dancing a lot.

Wednesday me and Michaelo started to think about our choreography after reviewing some figures and doing some technique practices. I already got a strong vision of it, though I'm not sure if I am able to do all that technically. It felt like we hadn't seen each other for a long time; right, we had to skip the weekend practice but it was only a week without seeing each other! How weird. After our practice I met up with Mr A. and danced random ballroom dances with him. He told me some news that were good and bad at the same time: he had decided to reduce dancing. Yes, you have been dancing too much so I am happy for your decision, but just do not abandon me, will you?!

Today we had Waltz and Slow Waltz in HOT's intermediate class and dance technique in advanced class. It doesn't come as a surprise that I especially liked the technique class but I also like the way you really have to concentrate on your core during Waltz. Today was maybe the first time I was able to follow our intermediate class' teacher properly and he didn't find anything negative to comment. Yay! I also got some good feedback from other dancers and I felt like I improved as a follower during the technique session. It would be great to have more these kind of classes, and I am not the only one thinking this way.

So it has been a great week and I am really looking forward the weekend's Kizomba Festival. I have never been in Kizomba classes and been dancing it only mostly with Michaelo (Michaelo said I am his Kizomba extension!) so I am hoping to get a lot our of the happening. I don't know if it is the springlike weather or what, but I have been feeling really energetic this week and the strong joy of dancing has hit me hard! Whatever it is, I am hoping this feeling is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment