Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Roller-Coaster.

When last week was awesome when it comes to dancing, this week has been a descent from that peak. I have had a feeling that I'm not going anywhere and that suddenly my dancing has become horrible. I wonder why my dance feelings have been going up and down so much lately. This dancing roller-coaster effects to my other parts of life so much that I feel unbalanced all the time. How annoying!

When I think of it, the week didn't start that badly after all (maybe it is just this weekend that is pushing me down atm?). Tuesday's Zouk&Kizomba night in Havanna wasn't a great success when it comes to the amount of dancers, but I stayed there longer than I planned which is always a sign of good dancing. I was pleased to dance some Kizomba and think back the things I learned in the Kizomba festival. On Wednesday Michaelo surprised me and came to Freddy & Andressa's Zouk class even though before he had made clear to me he is not going there. The class was exactly the way I wanted it to be: learning the rules of Rio style Zouk and concentrating on the small things that matter. Even the most simple things aren't that simple when done properly! I am so happy I am now having this opportunity to learn the basics right and (hopefully) lift my zoukking to a new level.

Thursday's dance lessons were quite exhausting. First two hours of dancing Bugg almost non-stop followed with an intensive Samba lesson. I was so tired when I got home! Samba isn't one of the easiest ballroom dances I must say, but in the end of the lesson I had a feeling that I was getting into the dance. Since it is so new dance for me it is a good thing that we are having Samba in the advanced class for the next three weeks. Maybe after the month I can finally do social dance Samba!

Hmm, maybe it is better if I just skip the weekend's happenings. All I can say that it wasn't the best weekend I've had. But the good thing about roller-coasters is that after a downhill slope there usually is a rise.


No comments:

Post a Comment