Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dance Like No One Is Watching.

Last Sunday was probably a first day this year when I had a possibility just to chill at home, do nothing and relax. The horrible and super snowy weather made sure I didn't even want to leave my warm and cozy apartment. In the afternoon, however, I was brave enough to pull on warm clothes and take a packed buss to the Sunday's Zouk practica. I regretted my decision at least dozen of times before I finally reached the HSA's dance studio, but it didn't take a long time to change my opinion. My favorite part was when two leaders decided to share me and I had my first threesome dance experience. I like getting attention - there is no use of denying it - so of course it was great to feel like two guys were competing of me! What was challenging, though, was the constant changes in two really different leads that I had to adapt myself quickly. I also got some good advice of doing a deep cambré, and got my legs sore after practicing the new technique.

On Tuesday I finally got myself into going to Havanna for some social dancing. It was Zouk and Kizomba night that time and it was nice meeting some Zouk dancers I haven't been dancing with for a long time. The time went fast and the night made me wonder why I even had skipped all the Tuesdays' social dancing this year.

My zoukking continued also on Wednesday. I first met up with Michaelo with our regular Zouk practice after which we made a special decision: we chose the song into which we will start making our first Zouk choreography! The song is just the kind of song that I wanted it to be: beautiful and sentimental. It gives lots of possibilities for different kind of dancing, lifts and emotions. It has very slow and light movements, rhythmic variability and stronger parts. It will take a lot of time before the choreography will be ready but at least I can never get bored to the song. After our practice Michaelo joined my and Mr A.'s practice with Zouk ladies N and L. The idea was to have a smaller scale common practice and to learn something new together. It was a good idea but next time we'd better have some sort of plan for the practice: now everyone seemed more or less confused about how we should construct the practice.

After so much zoukking it was nice to go back to ballroom dancing in Thursday's classes and Friday's HOT-Dancing party. Thursday's classes didn't offer me that much new, though, and there was too big unbalance between leaders and followers. There is nothing more irritating than waiting in line for a partner in pair dancing class! The same problem with unbalance continued on Friday, but I was being active and so was able to dance almost as much as I wanted. I was supposed to leave early, because I had to wake up early the next morning, but I was enjoying the party so much that I wasn't able. Huge thanks to Mr A. who was playing awesome music throughout the whole night! Great dancing and lots of fun.

Rest of this week is non-dancing time for me since I flew to the northern Finland for some snowboarding with my family. Unfortunately yesterday I hurt myself in the slopes and my lower back is now pretty sore. I am only hoping that it is not nothing big and that I will be fine before Tuesday's dancing.

This week was also highlighted with two dancing related news: Argentine Tango teacher was killed because of snow falling from apartment building's roof and two Salsa teachers were charged with multiple sex offenses. Confusing.

2 comments:

  1. Oot luultavasti kertonut jo, mutta kysytään nyt vielä, että mitä tykkäät kizombasta ja onkohan sitä kauhean vaikea oppia? Terv. järkyttynyt uutisista..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei Sanni! Olen itseasiassa menossa tämän viikon viikonloppuna kizombafestareille, joten kirjoittelen aiheesta pidemmän postauksen pian.

      Delete