Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Premiere.

30 minutes before the showing I started getting nervous about the performance. Finally, I thought. I had been waiting for this feeling the whole day. The atmosphere in the back stage was charged and everybody were counting the final minutes before the show time. I gave a final glimpse to my reflection in the mirror: Yes, I was ready.

We sneaked to the wings and I couldn't help to peak through the curtains. The house was full. My heart beat was getting stronger. I looked at the other girls and I could see the same excitement from their eyes. After the final silent cheer we walked to the stage.

Every second I stood still in the stage waiting for the choreography to begin, I soaked up energy from the waiting audience. When I took my first step, suddenly the time seemed to slow down. I could distinguish every face in the audience and I saw the other dancers better than ever. I felt the loaded energy flowing through me. I didn't have to think my steps, my body knew exactly what I had to do. I danced better and stronger than in any practice. It was not until I had to stop moving when I noticed how heavy I was breathing and how fast my heart was beating. The audience gave us loud cheers as we ran from the stage.

My hands were shaking. The first thing that came to my mind was that I wanted to get back to the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment