Monday, December 19, 2011

After Spex Dancing.

If I thought the end of Spex would mean a break from dancing, I was wrong. Well okay, if you count Friday as a break, I did have one, but the last two days have been just sleeping and dancing, and I will have dance practices every day until I head home for Christmas. My muscles haven't been this sore for a long time, ouch!

On Saturday I had a long Zouk practice with Michaelo. Our last couple of practices somehow haven't been that efficient and we weren't able to progress that much. This time, however, we went through three new figures quite well. We have been watching quite a lot of Zouk videos with Michaelo and I was able to induce him to come to Amsterdam's Salsa and Zouk festival with me in February. Maybe one of the reasons is that Kadu & Larissa and Pasty & Josta are few of the many great artists there. After watching their dancing from many videos I am really looking forward seeing them dancing live.

On Saturday evening it was time for HOT Dance pre Christmas dancing party. I took Nic with me in hopes of dancing few ballroom dances with him. The place was super crowded and it was almost impossible to fit to the dance floor. Fortunately they decided to expand the party to another dance floor, but at this time Nic already chose to head home and my plan was kinda failed. I did dance a lot but I didn't get those dance flow experiences that I got a week before in Pohjalaisten tanssikerho's dance party. However, it felt great to dance something else than Zouk, Salsa or Bachata for a long time.Variety is the spice of life - and of dancing.

On Sunday afternoon I had a practice with Mr A. for the longest time. Actually we were supposed to dance on Friday but I over slept after coming home at 6 am from Spex party that morning (and truly felt awfully sorry for that). I can't even remember when was the last time we had a practice! As always, we danced variety of ballroom dances and had heaps of fun. Dancing with Mr A. is always somehow relaxing in a way that I don't need to think or stress about anything if I don't want to. I have to admit that lately I have been taking dancing a bit too seriously, so the practice was also a good reminder to slow down. I don't want to stress about dancing. That doesn't lead to any good.


Sunday evening I went to my first Zouk practica ever to HSA's dance studio. I don't know why I haven't been going there before. Somehow I've always had something else on Sunday evenings. I felt really tired after the practice with Mr A., and I thought I wouldn't be in a mood for zoukking at all, but I got my energy back as soon as I started dancing and the three hours flew super fast. I was able to get into the Zouk feeling quite quickly and had many great dances. I was especially happy with some of Michaelo and my dances since our practices have been missing these impro/dancing with feeling moments. These moments proves that we do have something special in our dance connection that I don't have with anyone else. Anyway, from now on my Sunday evenings will be dedicated to zoukking.


This evening we have a Spex dancer's reunion practice. Let's see if I already start missing our choreography dancing, especially now that there is no pressure of the showings. By the way, here is a video from our Spex's final rehersal that I forgot to add to my previous posting:



No comments:

Post a Comment