Friday, October 14, 2011

Dance With Me?

I know I have been dancing enough when I don't have time to write about it. I've spent most of my week going to dance practice after work and just crashing to bed when I get home. I don't know if it is because of that, but now I feel really tired and happy about the free weekend.

Well, a lot dancing-related has happened. On Tuesday I had a Zouk practice with JV and I feel like we are now slowly getting into the same wavelength in our dancing. To be able to concentrate more on my technique, I first have to get used to my partner's leading style so that I don't have to think about it too much. At least I enjoy dancing more when the following comes naturally, without thinking. That is why I'm also happy about having a practice partner, and JV has already proven to be a good choice (he, for example, saved me from an awkward situation later that evening!).

JV had a good idea of videotaping our dancing so that we could easily see our mistakes and learn from them, and so I took my camera with me. Now that I have a video of me dancing Zouk in a real beginner level, I can later see my development concretely. This is what I should have done with ballroom dancing too. And it is true what JV said, the camera is cruel what comes to mistakes! I noticed my hand work is horrible and that I really have to work with my stance. I have been watching some Zouk videos on YouTube to improve my hand movement so maybe next time I can try to work on those. I also have to concentrate on stepping with toes first, because now I'm doing too much heel steps.

After our practice we went to Havanna for Noche Romantica -party. There were heaps of people and many good dancers, which is always a sign of a good party. Downside of it was that the dance floor was little bit too crowded from time to time, which can sometimes lead, like what happened to me, a painful elbow hit to head, ouch! My friend's friend came there too, and I definitely got her hooked on social dancing. It is good to know I now have a party friend for Salsa clubs! It was such a pleasure to see her smiling face when dancing. I love meeting people who gets as much happiness and joy out of dancing as I do.

To my surprise, I nowadays like dancing Bachata more than Salsa. Actually somehow I've lost my confidence in Salsa, and I feel like I cannot really dance it anymore. I had terrible difficulties following many guys, but then again they were dancing Cuban style. Well, we're going to have Salsa classes in HOT-dance and I think after those I'll do lots better. I also bought a voucher for Baila Baila dance school's classes so I can take some Salsa classes there too.

On Wednesday's HOT-dancing we had a revision class, so we went through the main things we have learned in Foxtrot, Bugg and Cha-cha. It is amazing how fast you can forget even the basic things! Again, I was so lost in Bugg, didn't do that well in Foxtrot, but loved Cha-cha. On Thursday the intermediate and advanced classes continued with Waltz. I had pretty horrible day and I was quite pissed off before going to the classes but after dancing I was wondering why I even thought my day was that horrible. This might show how much I just love Slow Waltz! After the classes I also got an irresistible proposal: I was asked to start practicing ballroom dancing with someone. Actually, I had been thinking earlier if I could somehow ask him to be my practice partner in a way he would agree (I know he is quite busy with dancing and already has many practice partners), so I was really happy he was the one asking me. We might start practicing after I'm finished with Spex though. Let's see how much time I will have when the Spex training starts.

Talking about Spex, I finally found out in which dances I'm going to dance in! I'm dancing in four songs in total, so the exact amount of dances I hoped for. Two of the songs are what I really wanted, and I avoided the two songs I disliked, so it's just perfect! The practices will start in two weeks, can't wait!

On Monday I'm going to Spain with my family for a week, so I might have a short break in dancing unless I find something from there. Okay, I admit, I have been looking for dancing schools and Salsa clubs already online...

No comments:

Post a Comment