Friday, September 20, 2013

Excitement.

I'm excited about this autumn. Excited because there are so many new dancing things happening. First of all, I'm excited about a Zouk group choreography that I'm part of. Actually I was pretty skeptical whether I would be accepted to the performance team in the first place, but there I am and more than happy to be in that position. We had our first practice last week and, wow, it is going to be so cool, I tell you! The performance is already in November so there is going to be hard work ahead of us. A lot of hard work. I love the song, so far love the the choreo and our team is great. So, yes, excited!

Secondly, I'm excited about Argentine Tango. I've had only two classes in Balanssi Studiot with Michaelo, but already falling in love with the dance. So detailed, so delicate, so challenging. I like the way the teachers teach in the studio; it is quite different to other dance classes I've been, but works really well. Even though I feel pretty lost at times, it is not a desperate kind of feeling, but more of enthusiasm to learn something completely new.

Thirdly, I'm excited about West Coast Swing. I'm so happy that I'm able to continue this dance after spending four months learning it in Raw Connection in Brisbane. Our class on Thursday afternoons is pretty crowded, but I like the fact that the teacher nevertheless makes sure that everyone gets something from the class. Last week he grabbed me after the class to go through my stepping technique for he was worried that I wouldn't get enough out from the course that he regards bit too basic for my level. I really appreciate this kind of personal attention some teachers give. And actually this week he kicked me out from the class and moved me to higher level.

Then, I'm excited about another choreography I'm planning to do with Michaelo also in November. We chose the song and the story of the dance couple of days ago and we're going to start building it soon. It is a very strong story so I'm excited to see how we're going to express it.

Next, I'm excited about Zouk ladies styling course that started last Saturday. This is the kind of course I've really been waiting for and I'm sure it will upgrade my dance technique. Plus, I have to give respect to Andressa for making my abs so sore I can't even remember when I had such a nice muscle pain over there!

What else I was excited about... Right, my Voguing classes started this week, yay! And yes, excited about yoga.

Since I didn't have any deeper to say this time, I tried to find some wise related quote to end the post... But I couldn't find something I was really looking for. Nevertheless:
“The end is never as satisfying as the journey. To have achieved everything but to have done so without integrity and excitement is to have achieved nothing.” - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment