Friday, November 4, 2011

Story Of My Dance.

The music starts, strongly. I close my eyes for few seconds. He takes me into his arms. His body is tense like mine. A sudden burst of anger flows through me. We dance faster, forceful and strong, as the music deepens. I glance myself from a mirror: my eyes are small and fierce. I hear his breathing in my ear and feel his heartbeat becoming faster and faster.We spin around again and again, and my angriness grows until it is the only thing I feel.

Suddenly the feeling of hatred disappears and replaces with ultimate happiness. I can hear the music has changed into light and soft. My body relaxes and my face is beaming. Our steps are gentle and airy as we flow through the dance floor. Everything in life seems to be perfect. My heart is warm and full of pure joy. This is how everything is supposed to be, this is what I always wanted.

Then, slowly, my heart becomes filled with suspicion. It is just too perfect to be true. My suspicion pushes the warm feeling away, and makes me shiver. No, I don't want to let it go, I want the feeling back. But the more I try to reach back to the happiness the more desperate I become. It is like trying to prevent water running from my hands, useless. What if it is gone for good? What if I cannot be happy again? Or was it even true in the beginning, or just a false dream? I close my eyes and refuse to look my sad reflection from the mirror. I'm afraid what is going to happen when the music stops. I don't want it to stop, I want to go back to my perfect moment.

The music stops and I am overwhelmed with my emotions. He thanks me and gives me a short smile. I smile back and return to the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment