Monday, November 14, 2011

Balance.

Monday have become my relaxing day. I spend all my Monday evenings watching girly TV-shows, reading women's magazines and listening to my favorite music. I refuse opening any school books and try to avoid dancing practices. I am the kind of person who likes being active and doing lots of things, but the downside of this is that many times I find myself doing hundred percent all the time, not being able to slow down and stop. Lately I have noticed that I keep on repeating this pattern even with dancing: I keep on searching for dancing events, feel bad if I cannot make it to every practice and cannot say no if there is a chance to dance. I have been thinking if I should cease all other dancing practices except Spex until the showings are over, but the problem is, I really don't want to! This week, for example, there are three dancing parties I would love to go and I am pretty sure I am not able to say no to all of them. Well at least I have no difficulties finding things to write about.

Mr. A. was right when he warned me that dancing might change your social circles dramatically. I haven't been seeing my friends for ages, a thing I feel quite bad about. I also feel like I have nothing to tell my friends because I spend my free time just dancing, and I think most of normal people are not that into dancing that they would like to listen my dancing-related monologs. Actually one of the reasons I write this blog is to be able to have that monolog here without making my listeners yawn (or at least I cannot see them yawning!). This is quite opposite with dancers. It is funny that I don't know much about the people I dance with every week. I have no idea what they do, what they study or where they work, but I know how they react to music and use their bodies to lead. When we talk, we talk mostly about dancing. That is totally fine since I enjoy discussing about the topic, but I wouldn't mind learning something else about them too.

I apologize for the short and rambling posting, but it is Monday and I don't feel like stressing too much about it!

This evening's music: Kings of Convenience: Declaration of Dependence.

No comments:

Post a Comment