Friday, November 11, 2011

Can You Dance With A Broken Heart?

Even though you love something from the bottom of your heart, enough is enough. I really needed the two day break from dancing, not only because of my sore body but because of I just needed it. On Wednesday, on the other hand, I needed to dance again. Those who know me knows the reason why, and it is not just because I hate airports. One thing I love about dancing is that I can forget everything that is happening around me and in my life while I dance. If I feel down, dancing is the best way to lift up my mood. That said, I cannot help wondering: is dancing just a way to escape the reality?

Even if it was, Wednesday's Spex practice for dance 1 did it's job, and I came back home smiling. Luckily, my ruptured muscle was healed and my foot was feeling okay in the practice, and I'm hopeful it will be quite good soon. We finished the choreography for the second verse and I was happily surprised about it. I cannot reveal anything specific but I can say everybody's eyes are going to be in me during it!

Yesterday I had as many as four different dance practices. First I had HOT-dancing's Slow Fox class which I unfortunately had to leave early for Spex dance 4 practice. Unfortunately because Slow Fox is a dance I really enjoy dancing and we were doing great technique practices. The idea was try to maintain a constant movement to the slow steps and to find a balance while doing it. Our teacher gave me a pat on a back from my good body control, yay! Spex practice wasn't that much about dancing and I sneaked out as soon as I dared to run to advanced class' Cuban Salsa. Still I was really late and missed most of the class, but fortunately the first part of the class was mostly revising the last week so I was able to catch up easily. At one point of the class I got this hysterical fit of laughter and I think everybody thought I lost my marbles. But really, I was just having crazy fun (I hope my dance partner didn't think I was laughing at him, that wasn't the thing!).

After the practice I met up with Mr. A. and danced until late. I thought I could have a bit longer practice after my break even if I had work the next morning but when I was going home I got a message saying: "Hey, remember the 7 am Spex practice tomorrow morning! Have a good sleep!" I seriously was living in this illusion that the practice was 7 PM! Well, 5 hours is enough sleep, isn't it? At least that I was trying to convince myself. Anyway, the practice with Mr. A. was fun and again we kind of skipped the technique training. It is great that I feel like I can try new things with him, and if it doesn't work we'll just laugh about it together.

Yes, today started with 7 am practice followed by a full day at work. Good thing is that now I have time to rest a while before tonight's HOT-dancing party. Talking about it, I should start preparing for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment