Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ouch.

How ironic: just when I wrote how awful it would be to get an injury, something bad happened. I'm not exactly sure what actually happened, but during Thursday's West Coast class I started to feel that something wasn't right with my right knee, and after the class it was hurting so much I had to skip the social dancing part and go home early. I thought everything was back to normal on Friday morning but as soon as I stepped out and started walking, the pain was back. I have never had this kind of pain in my knees: its so sharp, biting and strong even walking hurts.

Well, hands up those who think I skipped Friday's Zouk party to rest my knee? No hands...? Come on, even one? No? You are right, I know I should have, but I thought that if I just warmed it up and wore a knee support, it would have been okay. Yes, maybe okay for the first hour but after three, not okay. Ouch. The thing is that I can't stop dancing. Its my stress relief, my social boost, feed for my soul, my work out, my whole free time! This weekend is so full of dance events I don't know how much I can resist the urge go dancing.

I'm afraid. What if it doesn't heal before the festivals this months into which I have just spent big dollars? More importantly, what if I have to stop dancing for a while? What will I do?

Okay, I have to end this post to something positive. If you take away my knee pain, last night's Zouk party was actually really great. I had this huge dance mood going everywhere in my body. I didn't want to leave the dance floor. And guess what, something pretty awesome happened after the party: someone came to ask me whether I did privates! I was speechless. Um.... Yes? Apparently my pain didn't show outside! Also, Alex got couple of nice shots of me dancing. What a luxury to have these photographers around!






Oh, last Wednesday I went to Mega Jam's hiphop class (great class btw, definitely going there again!) and the teacher was talking how late he started dancing: as late as 14-years-old. Damn, I just started two years ago, at 25! Yes, it has now been around two years I started, I realized. It feels so much longer though. I can't even remember what my life was like before dancing. Sometimes I have been going back to my blog to see what I was doing an year ago, but now I can go even two years back. Reading about my practices with Nic two years back brings back so many warm memories. Now I'm so glad I decided to start writing this blog: its is such an easy way to notice own progress and store those special moments I've had. I have never kept a diary as long as this one, and I have to think all my readers who have been encouraging me to keep on writing. Thats what I will keep on doing.

3 comments:

  1. Word of advice: When your knees start to hurt, do not go on a two week non-stop dance trip. And then after "resting" (dancing only every other day) for a week, do not go on another crazy weekend long dance festival trip. Now where did I put those painkillers again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm.. could we somehow encourage you to visit a doctor maybe? Not for your own good, but for my private reasons: even a snall chance for never having a dance with Evanette sounds pretty bad actually.

    Ok, it isn't very bad probably anyway, but applying a bit of rest, medicine and whatever exercises doctors recommend could help it to heal faster.

    ReplyDelete