Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dear Diary,

I haven't been opening my heart to you for a while. I should have since it always makes me understand what is going on in my mind. My approach to dancing is the same what I have for life: I go with my feelings first. This doesn't make my life easy and it does cause some extra drama every now and then, but its not a thing I would like to change really. Usually listening my feelings leads me to the right track and shows me the way I want to follow. One other thing that then again that doesn't apply both dancing and life is thinking before doing. Dancing is at its best when I don't have or want to think of anything. I just do what feels good or right, or even better: what I don't even realize doing. Doing the same thing in life, however, tends to lead into trouble or, at least, makes it a bit more complicated. Unfortunately sometimes I follow my feelings so slavish that I find myself doing things I might have not done after thinking it through.

My feelings are one thing to blame when it comes spending all my time (and money!) to dancing. Dancing can just feel so amazingly good and sometimes it makes me discover some feelings I have never felt before. Before the summer I decided that I was going to have a relaxing and quiet summer: no commitments, no plans nor tight schedules. But what have I been doing the whole June: running from one dance event/practice/class/party to another! Damn you dancing, you ruined my peaceful plans! Then again, the summer has already made me so happy and there is no denying that I have had heaps of fun. So, if you don't hear from me, I'll most probably be doing the same I've been doing the last couple of weeks.

You know what is the best thing of coming back home from dancing weekends? The people you've danced with add you in Facebook and send you thanks-for-the-amazing-dances-messages! Even though its a small thing, it gives me a good feeling every single time, and it just happens to be that the messages come from the dancers I enjoyed dancing with the most. I bet all of my favorite leaders just don't happen to also be polite and the leaders I didn't like that much not. What I like the least after coming back home is (in addition to the lack of sleep and huge amount of tiredness) going to a local dance party and not having a possibility to get surprised of great connection with people you've never met before. However, after coming back from Berlin I had a great night in Havanna's Zouk&Kizomba evening when I had no chance of leaving the dance floor. I hope my homecoming will be that easy the next time too.

So I have again huge amount of videos from Berlin and also from Tampere Bachata & Kizomba festivals in my camera to post here. But you know what, Diary, it is summer now and I don't feel like having any more extra responsibilities, so I might just keep them to myself.
Zoukking in Berlin. Photo by Berg Chabot.

No comments:

Post a Comment