Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can You Control Me?

So here I am, at the airport waiting for my flight to Berlin Zouk Congress! The reason I'm still waiting is a Finnair's strike that just happened to start two days ago. Let's see when my flight actually leaves... Anyway, unlike last congresses, this time I don't feel nervous or anxious but just super excited to meet new dancers and to have so much fun in the dance classes and parties. The weekend is going to be awesome, I tell you! This week I also signed in for a week-long Mzouk intensive course that is going to be held in Barcelona in the beginning of August. All of the Finnish Zouk dancers that went there last year said that its definitely worth going to so I couldn't resist. I also got N Girl to go there with me. We still need to sort out our accommodation, flights and stuff but I'm already so happy that I decided to go there even though I'll have to limit all my summer holidays just for these two Zouk events.

Last Zouk class the whole group got some personal feedback from F&A. It is little bit ironic that my biggest weakness is also my biggest strength. See, I have lots of energy when I dance, which is really good, but sometimes it is hard for the leader or for me to control that energy, and that is when things start going wrong. Then again, it is better to have too much and take some out than not have enough and try to put something more. I just need to concentrate to control my movements and following better and I can move to the next level! Its great that we can get this kind of feedback especially when F&A have been following our development for a longer period of time.

Okay, my flight is finally leaving! Berlin here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment