Saturday, June 2, 2012

When One Is Not Enough.

What is better than dancing with a great leader? Dancing with two great leaders of course! Couple of days ago I had my first ever threesome Zouk practice with JV and Big O. I have no idea how I was able to get two of my top three favorite Finnish Zouk leaders all to myself for one evening, but more relevant question is: how can I make this happen again?!

There is no denying it: I love dancing with two leaders. I feel like being in the center of attention (and who wouldn't like getting attention...?) and since guys usually have tendency to change everything into a competition, they give that extra something into their part of the dance. Also, the leaders have to adapt their leading in according with the other to be able to make the changes fluently. I guess it also gives new ideas to the leaders, and no one knows what is going to happen next. Refressing, surprising and highly recommended! Oh, and an easy way of making other followers jealous for occupying two leaders all to yourself, hehe.

Right, dancing with two leaders isn't the easiest thing to do, especially if their leading differs a lot. You have to adapt your following in a snap dozens of times during one dance, and find the connection again and again. What a great (and fun!) way to practice following though!

Anyway, here is a video from our practice. Notice my super happy face in the end of the dance. When can we do this again boys?!


By the way leaders: feel free to ask me for a threesome dance whenever you feel like it. Yeah, no objections.

1 comment: