Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mission(s) Accomplished!

This week ended up being a good dance week even though it first seemed to become quiet. Actually Monday was the only day I didn't go dancing. As always, I spent Tuesday evening in Havanna's dance floor and Wednesday I had Zouk practice with Michaelo before my Zouk class. Thursday was a national holiday so I was able to arrange two dance practices for the day, both of which went really great. Friday I had Finnish Tango practice and also went to a free Kizomba class to Alppila Latin Social. On Saturday I gave a dance lesson with Mr A. to bachelorette party group and on Sunday evening I danced surprisingly lot Salsa in Opera. Not bad at all, right? Also, on Saturday evening me and Michaelo decided to give it another try to our let's-get-drunk-evening after faling badly the other time, and this time it was a success. So the week was not only full of dancing but also gave me some good discussions about dancing.

The bachelorette party thing was a fun incident. The group were going to lavatanssit later that evening so Mr A. taught them some Foxtrot and Fusku. The girls were a bit more concentrated on their sparkling wine than dancing and had hardly any dancing experience so it wasn't the easiest group to teach. But at least I had lots of fun as they seemed to have too. After me and Mr A. gave them a short demo I realized that one year ago I would have watched our dancing the same way the girls did, hoping that I would be able to dance like that. I have come so far during this year and I have to say that I am pretty proud about that. I still have a long way to go but one year ago I would have never guessed how much I've already reached.




I thought it was funny that the only question coming out from the bachelorette party group was that what do I do if I find out that the guy I'm dancing with gets a hard-on! Strangely, I have never really thought about that. Well, I'm not going to go deeper into that topic but instead post some pictures from Alppila's Kizomba class:





On the Opera Salsa I got a surprising comment about my dancing. This girl I've never met before came to me and asked if I was a dancer and said that she loved the way I danced Bachata. "I would have paid to watch that kind of dancing" she added. How happy I was to hear that, especially when I haven't been taking any Bachata classes! Lately I have also been getting comments from people who recognize me from this blog. "You're the dance blogger!". How celebrity-like feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment