Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No Shaky-Shaky, Bouncy-Bouncy.

Last week I took some back steps again and also our practice didn't go as planned. On Monday Nic had something special in his mind for that time's practice. Unfortunately Nic's special plans were ruined by the Pilates group we met before, and this time it was us who had to give up. I was so pissed off about the situation because our practice was badly interrupted only after 30 minutes of dancing. I had a feeling I really needed to work my body so after being evicted we decided to come back after the Pilates group was finished.

So, what Nic had in his mind was something he called "Hot Dancing". It never became clear to me what this meant but at least we were sweating after practicing exaggerated Samba steps for a while. I tried to catch on the hip movement to Samba steps but I ended up trying too hard too early so Nic ordered me to stop moving my hip and just concentrate on the Bounce Action. 

Also on Wednesday we practiced Samba and I struggled doing cucaracha with my shoes. It was one of those days I felt like I did everything wrong. It is so frustrating when you know exactly how you should move but your body just refuses to do as you wish. I don't know if I was tired or what was wrong but it just wasn't my day.


Yesterday's practice, however, went already much better. We practiced Rumba walk and cucaracha with shoes on and I did at least 100 % better compared to last week. Funny how sometimes everything is so hard and another day you don't have to do that much to do well. I was also glad that I was able to dance almost full two hours with my shoes on without having lots of pain. I guess I am finally getting used to them!


After practicing technique for more than one hour Nic asked me to pick a dance just to have fun with. I picked Cha-cha firstly because it is a dance that simple cheers me up and secondly, we haven't danced that for a long time. I think I have "hated" most of the dances in the beginning but never Cha-cha. I learned a new move called a New Yorker that is a combination of three fast turns. It was so fast I ended up falling to the floor! It doesn't help that our ballroom's floor is super slippery. Well, good point is that it is a good practice for better dance floors.


I am sorry that lately I haven't been updating my blog so frequently! Now that I am only working during the summer I am hoping I will have more time for dancing and writing about it. Maybe this Sunday we will also finally have time to go to the Opera Salsa and see how it is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment