Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dance Therapy.

This week proved once again how dancing can make me forget all negative things. Some things have been happening in my personal life that have made me feel really down and especially this week's Tuesday was horrible. Maybe that's why I activated myself dance-wise and filled up the rest of my week with different kind of dancing: Tuesday evening's Zouk drop-in, Voguing, practice with JV after a long long time (gosh his leading has improved into a whole new level!), choreo practice with Mihaelo, POT's crossdressing-themed dance party (I felt so bad not having a camera with me here! You should have seen the costumes people had on - amazing!) and introduction workshop to Rockabilly. Sounds more like my normal dance week finally! Even though I was super tired when I got home from the workshop I got disappointed when I found out that today's practica was canseled. However, soon I will head to Havanna's Kizomba evening. Dancing has made me view my life from a different agle and it doesn't look like that bad after all. It's been a dance therapy really!

What is really great is that when I am having hard time all I have to do is ask some dancer friend for help and they always seem to find some time for a dance practice. Or comforting company if dancing doesn't work out that day. That is one of the reasons why I really love couple dancing: it is not just dancing but a kind of social safety net, a circle of friends that are there for you when you need them. I think I want to keep myself as active as I have been this week and start dancing more again. This dance break I've had has made me fallen in love with dancing again. It's amazing that I can have this love-feeling again and again.

So, if you feel like a dance practice, just call me and I'll be ready, any time. I dare you!

[Edit:] Sunday's Kizomba evening had an amazing atmosphere. Combined with the Rockabilly workshop earlier that day, my mood become almost euphoric. The two dances are like day and night, but both made me smile so wide me cheeks still hurt. Both the energetic, fun and additudinal swing dance and the sensual, relaxing and close Kizomba woke feelings of pure happiness but in a whole different way. I wonder, can you get high from dancing?

No comments:

Post a Comment