Friday, July 27, 2012

Difficult Decisions.

Even though there’s still some summer left, I already had to face a difficult decision concerning the coming fall. There is a huge probability that I won’t be in Helsinki (nor Finland) after the Christmas holidays for quite a long time, at least 6 for months, and this of course has an effect to my after-summer-life. After checking out the uni courses I have to complete during the fall term to be able to do this, I am afraid that studying is going to take so much of my time that there won’t be much time left for dancing anymore. Honestly, I’m not that keen on the idea of changing my life I have been enjoying so much, but I guess life isn’t always a bed of roses (or, what we Finns say and would better suit the context, dancing in the roses).

So, my Zouk group is going to continue with two classes per week after the summer and I had to face the cruel reality: I cannot continue with the group any more. Since this week ended the summer season’s classes, I had my last Zouk classes this Wednesday and Thursday. I hate doing things for the last time, especially when I know I’m going to miss doing them! I know it is not the end of Zouk dancing in my life, but there won’t be regular and progressive teaching any more. All of this is making me sad because I have been enjoying the classes so much and I can really see the huge positive effects they’ve left into my dancing. But hey, at least I can take some drop-in classes every now and then and there is always the weekly practicas where I can still dance with the Zouk group members and try to learn from them. Trying to think positive here! What made me happy though, was that everybody were so understanding when I told them about my decision. Thank you.

It is hard to even think of my life without having this big proportion dedicated to dancing. It has been some kind of counterbalance to my studies and work, something that gives me energy to keep on going even when really tired or sad. On the other hand, it has become an addiction I cannot live without. An addiction that sometimes can take over my life leaving no time to think anything else. It is too easy to fill up my calendar with dancing and use that to escape the reality. In the end, I want to have something else important in my life than just dancing. Then again dancing had given me many friendships that would last even if I stopped dancing for good. I doubt that (stopping dancing) would happen though.

1 comment:

  1. Sinut on haastettu! ;) http://kilot-kuriin.blogspot.fi/2012/08/haaste-x-2.html saat muuten Monnan blogista haasteen kätevästi englanniksi http://monnatreenaa.blogspot.fi/2012/08/tyoni-sisaltoa-ja-haastetta.html

    ReplyDelete