Friday, July 20, 2012

Dancer N:o 267.

Ladies, warning: I danced with this guy last night. Recommended to avoid:



Nah, just kidding! I just happened to say to him that I rate every new dancer I dance with here in my blog, so I was able to make him to give some crazy dance poses for me. Best way of getting new followers! No really, it was nice dancing with you S.

Anyway, yesterday I did something exceptional: I skipped my Zouk class and went instead to a dance party organized by Helsingin lavatanssit. Its a group of people who started organizing free-of-charge Finnish style ballroom dance parties (lavatanssit) in Helsinki this summer. Lavatanssit has been a thing for old people for too long time already, so the parties are targeted for young people who like dancing and having fun. What's the best thing about these parties is that they are held in my neighborhood, like one kilometer from my apartment! Really, nothing ever happens there. I always have to travel one hour to get somewhere and now I was back home in 10 minutes, awesome! Actually it was me who suggested them to contact this place, Lava, where the party was held. How great it would be if they started having also dance classes there after the summer?

Before the party started we had 1,5 hour class of Argentine Tango which was my second time I tried the dance. I really liked the class and made me wonder if I would have time to take some basic classes of Argentine Tango in fall (surely I won't have time to learn all the dances I would like to but this is something I have been thinking already for a while). I was lucky to get one dance from the teacher during the class and got good feedback from my following. However, I think it would be quite impossible not to follow his incredibly clear leading.

The party itself made me really happy that I decided to skip my dance class. Everybody seemed to be in a great mood, the place was nice (though a bit small), I danced with couple of new good leaders and it was simply refreshing to dance ballroom for a change! I'm definitely coming back in August.











Hey, I haven't told about this Zouk flash mob we're doing! Its actually pretty cool because many countries around the world are participating at the same day! The date is set to 16th of September and our practices are primarily on Tuesdays at 8:30 pm at the Opera. Come and join! Here is the choreography for the dance (from the wonderful Alisson&Audrey!!) and a video from our first rehearsal couple of weeks ago. If you won't participate yourself, come at least see the flash mob. I'll let you know the exact place later on. This might actually end up to Guinnes World Records!


3 comments:

  1. Voi apua mitä kuvia :D
    Heitänpä sinua haasteella: http://suvi.bigdipper.fi/2012/07/well-always-have-paris.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo flattered by the photos up there!! :D :D Thanks Evannette! ;)

    ReplyDelete