Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ballare

When Nic told me about his plans to actually go to competitions with me the first thing I thought was that I was already too old for that. My image of competition dancer was a person who started dancing at the age of five and dedicated all his life to dancing. Besides, all I wanted to do is have fun and learn how to dance. But I let Nic’s proposal brew up in my head. Is there an age limit for dancing? If you really enjoy doing something you should let yourself get lost with the wonderful feeling and not worry about things you cannot control.

It is funny how dancing changes you. You start to listen to different kind of music. You find yourself thinkinabout the dance steps when you let your mind drift. You notice that you keep your head upright and your pose straight. You start paying more attention to your movements and the way you walk. You start to listen to your body’s smallest ache and want to nurture them away as fast as possible.

This leaves me with just one question: Would I be different if I did start dancing when I was five and dedicated my life to dancing? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment