Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Special Memories.

I am pretty against using intoxicants while dancing, and I think especially drunk dancing can be dangerous not only to yourself but others too. I don't like dancing drunk; it makes me numb and unbalanced, and I want to feel the dancing in my body the fullest. I also want to be able to trust my dance partner and not be afraid that he might accidentally drop or hurt me in some way because he is drunk. One of the reasons I fell for dancing was that I was able to go out and spend the whole night in the dance floor without being surrounded by drunk people.

However, the other night I had a small piece of special brownies before dancing. I have never had those kind of brownies before, but the effect I had in the dance floor was... wow! It wasn't like being drunk at all, but more like being my normal self with my senses made more sensitive. The music was loud and all I could hear; it blocked out all my thoughts. It was like the time slowed down: when I thought that the song was about to end it actually was only half way through. I had so much time to react to my partner's lead that I felt like being 100% synchronized. I could feel the tiniest lead and weight change and even the floor vibrating strongly due to our steps. I was able to feel every single touch so much more strong than ever before. My movements weren't uncontrollable at all and I glided slowly through the music. I was so relaxed and couldn't think of anything else but the extremely good feeling dancing gave me. It didn't matter with who I was dancing with; most of the time I had even forgotten who was leading me. There was nothing else, just that moment and that dance that seemed to last forever. It was an instant and strong dance flow.

Do not get me wrong, this was just one time experience for me and not here to encourage others to do same. There was an opportunity for which I went for. After all, this blog is a place where I want to store my dancing memories and dancing that night was different and, I must admit, simply amazing for me. Mind-blowing even! One more extraordinary memory to store to my dance world!

I'm having my last couple of days in Brisbane before flying to Tokyo and finally back home to Helsinki, so you can imagine how busy I have been lately having the last dances and catching up with everyone. So, I'll come back to my feelings about the whole Australia trip and going back home when I actually have time to sit down and figure out my confusing emotions that are going through me at the moment. Oh, I'm going to miss this life I'm having here so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment