Saturday, December 1, 2012

I Dance, Therefore I Am.

What do you do if you can dance only couple of days in a week? Do as much dancing as you can in those days of course!

The problem with this thinking is that since I have other things I have to do, like studying and working, I have to cut down from something to have enough time and unfortunately that has come down to sleeping. If my practices finish around 11:30 pm, I can’t possibly be in bed in time to wake up early the next morning. So basically I have been struggling through my office days with the help of caffeine the last couple of days. I guess I’ll stop this nonsense only when my body says stop.Well, its going to be a non-dancing weekend to compensate this.

Last Wednesday I had my last Voguing class. I must say that the twelve week long course gave me a lot of ideas for dancing. It was great, for a change, to focus all my energy just to myself. I have to most definitely take some more single dancing classes in the time to come, and why not even some more Vouguing classes. All of the classes I went were so much fun and the dance style absorbs so much from other dances that it is hard to get bored with it. I think Vouguing is a great way to learn how to move in a feminine way, find a strong attitude and use hands in a more diverse way. Our Vouguing teacher was motivating and super friendly, and made every single class unique form each other. It was so worth every euro spent (not even mentioning how low-priced the course was and that my employer practically paid half of the course fee)! It feels great to know some basics of runway, hand performance, dips, spins, duckwalk etc etc. what Voguing consists, and I think I can easily connect some of those techniques to couple dancing. Tip: the same classes continue at UniSport after the Christmas holidays, I highly recommend!

Before Voguing I had my second practice with Gaga. I was delighted when she asked me to practice Zouk with her couple of weeks ago. It was great fun trying to figure out together how we can lead some figures we both know as a follower. Every time after pondering how it was possible to get the follower in a certain position and finally getting the clue, we both screamed this cheerful “Aaaaaa!!” followed with bursts of laughter. In the end of the practice we also got some curious audience from the starting HOT’s beginner class. After the Voguing then again, I had a late night practice with Big O after a long long time and well… it didn’t go as smooth it used to go.

Thursday then again I went to HOT’s advanced class about dance technique and realized that Zouk dominates all my dancing. A long break from ballroom dance classes has not done me any good! All the other then again have improved so much, wow. I also realized that I have to start practicing spinning and turning after my hopeless attempts in the class. For some reason our teacher constantly picked me as his partner to demonstrate how to lead the spins – somehow embarrassing and flattering at the same time. The evening ended late with a pleasant Zouk practice with Carlos where I tried to focus on my basic stepping. What I really like about his dancing is that he really listens the music carefully. A leader to pick when a great and rhythmical song is about to come.

Last but not least, the obligatory picture partof the posting. These are from yesterday's POT Christmast dance party. Good food, great dances, warm atmosphere.











And finally some pictures from HOT's fancy dress dance party from last month.







No comments:

Post a Comment