Saturday, March 1, 2014

Dance World Problems.

Can you believe it is March already? I guess it is time to post some statistics of my dance month:
Dance practices: 6
Dance parties: 4
Dance practicas: 3
Dance classes: 6

It has been a great month dance-wise. I feel like I have been learning so much new in my Zouk classes! I love it that I'm able to concentrate on the small things that can make the difference. The only thing that I’m missing there, though, is more leaders. I have been thinking of taking the leader role in the beginner classes, but then again I might miss the many details in the follower part that I have been getting, and I’m not ready to lead in the intermediate classes. And you can’t really practice the moves by yourself while waiting for your turn. Nevertheless, I’m really satisfied with the content of the classes.

March is going to have a zouk-full start: next week I’ll have Zouk practices every day from Tuesday on. Our choreo group will be performing in Prague Zouk Congress and even though I’m not able to go there, I’ll be in the rehearsals so that I’ll learn the modified version for three couples. Since the congress is coming soon, we must use all the available times we can to make it work, which means at least two practices per week. What is also happening next week, for which I’m super excited about, is that Alisson & Audrey are coming to Helsinki all the way from Perth, Australia to give weekend workshops for us! Yes yes yes!! Their classes are so fun and energetic and I really enjoy dancing with Alisson. Plus I only met them once during my stay in Australia so I’m happy to have the opportunity to see them again this soon. Let’s see how much they make me miss Australia, probably quite a lot! One thing though: why, oh why, the workshop is at the same weekend as João & Giedre's Kizomba workshops? Now I'm facing a serious question: which party to go on Saturday, Zouk or Kizomba?! Arg so frustrating, why can't I have both?! A true dance world problem.

Oh oh oh, I have to tell you about this amazing Argentinean Tango performance I saw last Monday in Aleksanteri Theatre. What drama and emotions that dance can include! And the music! I haven’t been a big fan of tango music but the orchestra was simply breathtaking. One day I need to learn some more of this dance. Maybe that will work out with one partner I have been in contact with lately. Let’s see. But last Monday... ah, so magical, so captivating.

Oh oh oh, another thing! I just got my fullpass+ to Afro Latin Flow, a Kizomba/Zouk/Bachata dance festival in Helsinki on May. What amazing teachers they are having there this year! And there I will be able to attend both Zouk and Kizomba parties, ha!

Geez, more exciting things just keep coming to my mind. Tomorrow I'm going to Helsinki Yoga Festival to do yoga all day long. Nice! Talking about yoga, I started this morning with partner yoga with N Girl and I simply loved it. What a great way to connect to the partner; quite a different way what I'm used to in dancing. Thanks beautiful for the shared laughs and smiles!

Today I heard that my favorite yoga studio, Pranama, is going to close down. I'm so sad, where I'm supposed to get my weekly yoga fix from now on?
But now I'm off to get my beauty sleep before tomorrow's yoga marathon. Have a great beginning of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment