Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bye.

It hit me couple of days ago: I'm actually leaving. Leaving my life as it is. Leaving already today.

What I dislike is doing things for the last time; it makes me heavy-hearted. That's why I try avoid thinking of it as much as I can. Not thinking about leaving worked quite well until two days ago. This time, however, I didn't feel sad but quite the opposite. Knowing that my life will never be the same again made me observe it more closely. This is my life, I noted. This is my life - and I love it. My life looks beautiful! My life makes a glowing smile to my face. Having farewell lunch with my girl friends, last day at work, hearing have-a-safe-trip-wishes again and again, hugging my lovely friends goodbye, dancing with everybody in my farewell party - everything gives such a warm feeling. This is a place where I'm glad to come back; even though my life won't be the same as I leave it now.

When I thought what would be the best way of spending my last night in Finland the answer was obvious: dancing. So I rented a dance studio, invited my friends and danced. And it certainly was the perfect last night in Finland. Warm and lovely feeling in the dance floor, spurt of adrenalin during the choreo performance, crazy fun after party in night club; what more could I ask? I was so happy to see so many people there having fun with me.

Now I'm off. The other side of the world is waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment